Data is information that has been translated into a convenient form to process Data-Processing circuits are logic circuits that process binary data. Such logic circuits may be Multiplexer(also known as MUX), De=Multplexer, Encoder, Decoder or Exclusive-OR Gate.
Time: 5 hours
Level : Third Year B.Sc.
- Decide the output of a multiplexer or demultiplexer based on input conditions.
- Find out the output of an encoder or decoder from input conditions.
- Sketch the symbol and explain the operation of Exclusive-OR gate.
By the end of this unit you should be able to :
- Describe the operation and truth table of Multiplexer.
- Explain the function of IC-74150(16 to 1 Multiplexer) and Multiplexer Logic.
- Analysis of Universal Logic Circuit.
- Discover the functioning of demultiplexer with its IC-74154.
- Outline of 1-of-16 decoder using IC-74154.
- Describe the operation of encoders and exclusive-OR gates.